(last updated March 19, 2017)
If you are under 13 years of age, you may not use the Site. Our Site may include unmonitored content posted by users or sourced from other third parties and such content may be unsuitable for children. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under 13. If we learn that we have received information from our about a child under 13, we will remove that information from our systems.
What Information We Collect
- Personal Information. When you send us an email, fill out a contact form, subscribe to any recurring email newsletters, create a user account or share personal information with us in any other way, we will collect the information you provide. This information may include your name, email address, username, password or other contact information (“Personal Information”).
- User Content. We may allow users to post content to the Site. Any information or content you post (“User Content”) will be open to the public and not private. This includes any comments you post and any Personal Information included in connection with those comments. Your User Content can be seen, collected and disclosed by third parties, including third parties who may contact you for unauthorized purposes. Always think carefully before posting any Personal Information or any information you wish to keep private. You can read more about the ways we may use your User Content in our Terms of Service.
- Usage. We may record information about your use of the Site, such as what User Content you post or respond to and other information about your interaction with the features we offer.
- Information Collected Automatically.
- We may automatically collect information about you and your computer when you use our Site, such as your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the websites you visited before using our Site, the pages on our Site you viewed, how long you spent on each page, and information about your actions on those pages.
- We use the information we automatically collect to help us evaluate and improve the Site.
- We may also use third party services such as Google Analytics to gather and analyze information about our users. The information collected as part of this process will not include personal information such as your name, email address, physical address or phone number. Google gives users the ability to opt out of its data gathering; more information can be found at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- If you access our Site through a mobile device, we may collect information such as your mobile device’s UDID and/or other persistent identifiers and different types of information about your location, including specific location information (e.g., GPS data), and your interaction with our Site. If you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, if your device gives you that option.
- Information Collected From Social Media.
- Additionally, these third party platforms may allow you to post information about your use of our Site via your Social Media Account. Please read the privacy policies of any applicable social media websites to learn more about how they collect and use your information.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use your information to:
- Operate, maintain, develop and improve the Site and other products and services.
- Enable you to access and use certain features of the Site.
- Respond to comments and questions and otherwise provide customer service.
- Communicate with you about confirmations, invoices, notices, updates, security alerts and other administrative or support-related issues.
- Provide you with news about promotions, events or other products or services we think may be of interest to you.
- Customize the content and any advertising you see.
- Investigate and/or protect against unauthorized or illegal activity.
How We Share Information
- Personal Information. In limited circumstances, we may give other third parties your Personal Information. For example, we may share Personal Information:
- When you consent to it.
- With those who require it to do work for us.
- As part of a business deal involving the sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- For legal, protection and safety purposes, such as:
- To comply with laws.
- To respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- To protect the rights and property of Gadget-Bot, our officers, employees, agents, users or others. This can include enforcing our agreements, policies and other terms.
- In case of emergency, to protect the safety of our officers, employees, agents, users or any other person.
- Non-Personal Information. We may freely share any User Content and information that is not Personal Information (e.g., information collected by automated means) with third parties such as clients, advertisers, sponsors and business partners, for our benefit and/or for their own use.
- Opting Out of Network Advertising. Many third-party ad networks allow you to opt out of interest-based advertising. Please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp for information on opting out of third-party ad networks operated by Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) members and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ for information on opting out of third-party ad networks operated by Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) members. Please make sure that cookies are enabled when you opt out of any third-party ad networks; if your browser is not set to accept cookies or you later erase your cookies, your opt-out may no longer be effective. Finally, be aware that even if you opt out of third-party ad networks operated by these members, you may continue to receive targeted advertising on our Site and other websites.
Do Not Track
Security of Information
Any information collected by Gadget-Bot is stored using security procedures and practices that we believe are appropriate to the nature of the information. However, no online storage or data transmission over the Internet can be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit using our Site.
Our Site is provided from facilities located in the United States but may also be provided from servers located outside the United States. We reserve the right to process and store information both inside and outside the United States. When you use our Site, you consent to the storage and processing of all information you have provided to us (including personal information) inside and outside the United States.
Links to Other Websites
Gadget-Bot may provide links to other websites and services that are not under our control. We are not responsible for those third parties and cannot control their use of any information they collect from you. You should contact these other websites and services directly to determine their privacy policies.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, or the “Shine The Light” law, permits any of our users who are California residents to request and receive, once a year, a notice describing the categories of personal customer information we share with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. The notice will identify the categories of information shared, the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, and their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of the notice that the law requires, please submit a written request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
California Business and Professions Code Section 22581, or “Privacy Rights for California Minors in the Digital World,” permits any of our users who are California residents and under the age of 18 to remove, or request the removal of, posted User Content from our Site. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and would like to request such removal, please submit a written request to: email@example.com. Please note that even after User Content has been deleted from our Site, residual copies of that User Content may remain on backup servers. Additionally, we are not required by law to remove any User Content that has been anonymized, that has been republished or reposted by a third party (including by other users) or any User Content we may be required by law to retain.
If you would like to opt out of receiving email communications from us, you may follow the instructions in the emails to unsubscribe.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.